Recent Publications & Presentations
- Thompson, B.J., Whitson, M., Sobolewski, E.J., and Stock, M.S. The influence of age, joint angle, and muscle group on strength production characteristics at the knee joint. The Journals of Gerontology: Series A (Biological Sciences), In Press.
- Thompson, B.J., Whitson, M., Sobolewski, E.J., and Stock, M.S. Effects of age, joint angle, and test modality on strength production and functional outcomes. International Journal of Sports Medicine, In Press.
- Gerstner, G.R., Thompson, B.J., Rosenberg, J.G., Sobolewski, E.J., Scharville, M.J. and Ryan, E.D. (2017). Neural and muscular contributions to the age-related reductions in rapid strength. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 49(7).
- Thompson, B.J., Stock, M.S., and Banuelas, V.K. (2017). Effects of accumulating work shifts on performance-based fatigue using multiple strength measurements in day and night shift nurses and aides. Human Factors, 59(3): 346-356.
- Thompson, B.J., Stock, M.S., Banuelas, V.K., and Akalonu, C. (2016). The impact of a rigorous multiple work shift schedule and day vs night shift work on reaction time and balance performance in female nurses: A repeated measures study. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 58(7): 737-743
- Thompson, B.J., Conchola, E.C., and Stock, M.S. (2015). Effects of age and muscle action type on acute strength and power recovery following fatigue of the leg flexors. AGE,37(6): 1-11.
- Thompson, B.J., Ryan, E.D., and Sobolewski, E.J. (2015). The influence of occupation and age on maximal and rapid lower extremity strength. Applied Ergonomics, 50: 62-67.
- Thompson, B.J., Ryan, E.D., Sobolewski, E.J., and Smith-Ryan, A.E. (2015). Dietary protein intake is associated with maximal and explosive strength of the leg flexors in young and older blue collar workers. Nutrition Research, 35(4): 280-286.
- Thompson, B.J., Stock, M.S., Shields, J.E., Luera, M.J., Munayer, I.K., Mota, J.A., Carrillo, E.C., and Olinghouse, K.D. (2015). Barbell deadlift training increases the rate of torque development and vertical jump performance in novices. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 29(1): 1-10.
Complete Publication Bibliography