Skip To Main Nav


The KHS department offers several academic minors to complement your major. Read below to find out more about each of our academic minors. 


PHYSICAL education Coaching Minor

This minor requires 25 credits, plus 15 credits of prerequisites and the 35-credit Secondary Teacher Education Program (STEP). New freshmen, transfer students, and other USU majors who have at least a 2.75 total GPA qualify to enter the Human Movement Science major with a physical education teaching or exercise science emphasis. The pre-physical therapy emphasis requires a 3.0 GPA. A 2.75 total GPA is required for the Physical Education Coaching minor.

A physical education coaching minor offers courses that will complement your degree and give you opportunities to learn about Anatomy, Exercise Physiology, Fitness, as well as better ways to coach team sports. 

Find Out More

PARKS and Recreation minor

New freshmen, transfer students, and students from other USU majors who have at least a 2.5 total GPA qualify to enter the Parks and Recreation minor.

Opportunities for employment in the recreation and leisure services are broad and diverse. Since recreation depends upon individual attitudes, resources, financial capabilities, and educational awareness, recreation experiences are as numerous as human interests and needs. The formalized settings that are typically established for recreation and leisure include local, state, and federal government agencies, quasi-public agencies, industrial or employee recreation, military recreation, and private or commercial recreation.

Find Out More

SCHOOl Health Minor 

(not accepting applications at this time)

This is an approved teaching minor through the Secondary Education Program of the School of TEAL. Students must be formally accepted into the School Health minor before enrolling for the School Health Education Core Courses. Students completing this minor must have a teaching major. Applications for the minor are available from the KHS Department. Prior to admission to the minor, the following courses must be completed: ENGL 1010, BIOL 2320 or BIOL 2420, HEP 2500, MATH 1050 or STAT 1040 (or higher), and NDFS 1020. A grade of C- or higher is required in all HEP courses.

View Course Requirements